International Transfers. Information collected on this Website may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which TK and Company or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities and by using this Website, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. TK and Company abides by the safe harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of data from the European Union. By using the Website and providing personal information to us, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. Be advised that personal information may be made available, without your knowledge, to the United States government or its agencies, or those of governments in any other country where we or our service providers store or process personal information, under a lawful order made in that country.
Collection and Use of Information
General. In general, you can browse our Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. At various times, you may decide to provide us with your personal information. You should know that we receive and may store all personal information (whether written or oral) that you provide to us through whatever means you provide such information (through our Website, via e-mail, over the telephone, etc.). Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, home, billing or other physical address or email address as well as any information associated with the foregoing. In addition to your contact information, we may collect information about your purchases, billing address, shipping address, gender, occupation, birthday, marital status, anniversary, interests, phone number or other contact information, and credit card information. We may combine the information you provide to us over time and we may combine such information with information that is publicly available, collected through data collection devices, and information that we receive from our partners, affiliates and other third parties.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
• Facilitate your purchases and provide the services you request,
• Confirm and track your order,
• Respond to your inquiries and requests,
• Compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and accuracy,
• Prevent and detect fraud or abuse,
• Improve our Website, service, product offerings, marketing and promotional efforts, and overall customer experience,
• Identify your product and service preferences,
• Understand our customer demographics, preferences, interests, and behavior, and
• Contact you (via email, postal mail, or telephone) regarding products and services (of TK and Company or our partners) that we believe may be of interest to you.
Personal Information that we May Share with Others
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal information with trusted partners.
• Service Providers: We use trusted third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, including: shipping, payment processing, data storage/management, webhosting, web analytics, fulfillment, assembly, marketing, mailing, emailing, etc. These service providers only receive personal information if such information is needed to perform their function(s), and they are not authorized to use any personal information for any other purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) set forth by TK and Company.
• Special Events: If you choose to participate in a special event (for example, a promotion, contest, or sweepstakes), TK and Company may share your personal information with those organizations participating in the applicable event. Unless we tell you otherwise in connection with a special event, these third parties do not use your information for any other purpose other than to manage the event. We may authorize trusted partners to send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
• Partners: TK and Company may provide information to carefully selected partners. In such cases, we might share and/or cross-reference information, including personal information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you, such as financing services for purchasing TK and Company products.
• Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection: We may, and you authorize us to use and disclose any information, including personal information: (1) we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (2) in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any personal or as otherwise required by law; (3) to other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction; and (4) to enforce any agreement we have with you.
• Business Transfer: Your personal information may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the Company.
Anonymous Information. We may create anonymous records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use these records for internal purposes, such as analyzing usage patterns so that we may enhance our services, and we also reserve the right to use and disclose any information in such records at our discretion.
Comments. We value your comments, feedback, testimonials, etc., which help us improve our website, products, and services. By making such submissions to us, you assign your rights in the submissions to us, as described in the "Submissions" section of our Terms and Conditions page.
Other Uses of Your Information
IP Address. When you visit our Website, TK and Company collects your IP address to, among other things, help diagnose problems with its server, administer and tune the operation of its Website, analyze trends, track traffic patterns, gather demographic information for aggregate use, and track the date and duration of each session within our Website. Your IP address may also be used in combination with your personal information to prevent fraud or abuse, customize your shopping experience, improve our website, customer service, products, and promotional efforts, and to understand your preferences, patterns and interests.
Data Collection Devices, such as Cookies and Web Beacons. In some instances, TK and Company may collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons (also known as pixel gifs or action tags) and other monitoring technologies to enhance your browsing and shopping experience on our website. "Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive to collect information about your activities on our website. Web beacons are small strings of code placed on a web page or within an email for the purpose of transferring information.
Children under 13
TK and Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. Please visit the FTC's website at www.ftc.gov for tips on protecting children's privacy online.
TK and Company is committed to the protection of the personally identifiable information that you share with us. We utilize a combination of physical and electronic security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When we transfer sensitive personal information (for example, credit card information) over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. While we strive to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
If the personally identifiable information Blue Nile has gathered from you changes or you would like to access, correct, or delete such information, we will gladly provide you access to, correct, or delete (to the extent allowed by law) any personal information we have collected about you. To request access to, a correction to, or deletion of your personal information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
We want to communicate with you only if you want to continue to hear from us.
To opt out of receiving email promotions that we send you: (1) select "unsubscribe" on our subscription status page and enter the requested information or follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of our promotional emails; or (2) write to Customer Service at TK and Company 6710 Kester Ave., Suite # 262 Van Nuys, CA 91405 (a "postal request"). To opt out of telephone promotions, you can tell us when we call you or you can send us a postal request. To opt out of postal mail promotions, please send us a postal request.
Opting out of communication with us does not affect our communications with you via telephone or email related to your orders with us. It also does not affect our use of your non-personally identifiable information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and would like a copy of our notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates that received your information in the past year, please submit a written request to the following address: TK and Company 6710 Kester Ave., Suite # 262 Van Nuys, CA 91405 attn: California Privacy. Please allow up to 30 days for us to process your request. You may submit such a request once per year.